A full space clearing ritual can have really incredible results, however a smaller scale space clearing can still be very effective in shifting stuck, heavy or stagnant energy in a space.
One of my clients was having trouble selling her house and it sounded to me like there was some stuck energy that needed to be moved. I was fully booked and couldn’t get to her for a few weeks, so I gave her the tips below over the phone to try in the meantime, and she emailed me a couple of days later in great excitement to tell me that they’d just had an offer on their house, which sold for a great price a short time later!
What you need:
- Some good quality rock salt and small containers (I use cat food containers as they can be thrown away, but if you don’t have a pet, any small bowls will do)
- A candle – your choice of colour (something that uplifts you)
- A piece of paper and a pen
- Your hands – or if you have it, a Tibetan singing bowl or bell, or a drum. Even a pair of wooden spoons or sticks will do.
Now that you have everything you need, and some time set aside with no distractions or interruptions, it’s time to start…
- Place the candle on a table – preferably a space that is clear and can be left undisturbed for a while (stay tuned for tips on creating a beautiful, sacred altar, coming soon…)
- Put the rock salt in containers in any room or area that feels it needs clearing – rock salt is fantastic for absorbing negative energies – click here for more info on the uses
- Take the paper and pen, and write down your intention for the outcome, what you would like to create in your life.
- Then, go into every area/room of your house, holding the intention for clearing, and either clap your hands as you go, or tap the Tibetan Singing bowl, drum, sticks etc. Really tune into the space as you travel through it, and if you feel you need to spend extra time in an area, do so. Get into it! Open cupboards, get behind doors, under beds/tables etc. Really have some fun!
- When you have finished, leave the salt in place for around 48 hours then dispose of it in the bin – don’t tip it down the sink.
You can leave the candle burning (obviously snuff it if you leave the house!) for as long as you like.