Essential Oils for a Healthy Home & a Healthy You!
I was first introduced to essential oils over 25 years ago by my gorgeous mother when we travelled to India together. Every day during our travels we would rub a blend of Tea Tree oil in a carrier oil on the soles of our feet to boost our immunity and protect our feet when we walked barefoot through many Hindu temples.
This, my first ever experience of essential oils, sparked a life-long love affair, which I fostered when I studied aromatherapy almost 20 years ago. In the many years since then I have continued to use essential oils on myself, my family and friends and in my home, with wonderful results.
To date, my absolute favourite and must-have-with-me-at-all-times staple is Peppermint Oil. Why? Because for some reason green ants love the taste of me, and I am allergic to them. When they bite, it hurts like hell, and I have always had a nasty allergic reaction to them where whichever part of me that’s been bitten swells up into huge, agonisingly painful welts. The one thing that instantly kills both the pain and the swelling is – you guessed it – Peppermint oil! Not to mention, it smells amazing…
Recently I stumbled upon a community of like-minded essential oil lovers in my home village of Clunes, and through these beautiful women I have found the supportive and welcoming community I’ve been missing for a long time, and discovered there is an opportunity to share my passion and knowledge of oils as a complementary aspect of my healing practice, which I’m really excited about.
I must confess, my one struggle with the culture of DoTerra, whose oils are beautiful quality and a pleasure to use, is their advocacy of ingesting the oils. In my training as an aromatherapist, we were taught that ingestion of oils must only occur under strict medical supervision, so whilst I watch in fascination as thousands of people merrily ingest their oils on a daily basis (and do seem happy and healthy), ingestion of oils is not at this stage something I do nor recommend. I do however remain cautiously open to the possibility of experimenting carefully with this at some future time if I feel intuitively that my body will be okay with it.
I am really excited to share the powerful healing benefits of essential oils with my own community.
So what are essential oils?
If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils provide plants with protection against predators and disease and play a role in plant pollination. Hello immunity! In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, essential oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and cleaning products. Their versatility is second to none and are worth every penny.
Sourcing the best quality oils is essential for maximum benefit. You will want to ensure that the essential oils you are using are capable of delivering on their promise including potency and their purity. Especially if you are using them internally. Potency starts with the plant itself. The same species of plant when grown in different environments will vary in chemical composition. Oils will often contain fillers or other elements that dilute and alter the purity.
Incorporating essential oils into your lifestyle can be done in many ways, including:
- Developing a better sleep routine, no more insomnia!
- Exercise and Fitness
- Better nutrition and easy recipes
- Boosting your immune system
- Managing hunger
- Helping manage anxiety and other mood disorders
- Aches and pains
- Bites and stings
- Breath management
- Increased clarity and awareness
- Neutralise odours and create toxin free household products
- Add to your daily water intake
- Antioxidant and detoxifer
- Digestive help
- Mouth rinse for dental hygiene and many more!
Certain essential oils, when diffused, can be very stimulating, while others can be calming and soothing. Diffusing essential oils can also purify the air of unwanted odours. Some of my favourites are: Motivate, Elevation, Balance, Citrus Bliss and Lavender Peace.
Essential oils are easily absorbed by the skin and can be safely applied topically. Some of my favourites are: DigestZen, Ice Blue, Citrus Bliss, Elevation and Balance.
- When applied to the body one drop is powerful enough to service every cell in your body;
- When applied to the bottom of your feet it enters your blood stream within 30 seconds;
- Immediate comfort;
- Apply to feet, back of ears, chest and back of neck, massage head or troubled areas;
- Use with caution on sensitive skin and dilute with fractionated coconut oil
How to Buy DoTerra Essential Oils
If you are ready to jump in and purchase, there are a couple of options.
Option 1 – Wholesale. 25% OFF Retail Pricing
With this option you will receive 25% off each time you order any of the doTerra products. There is no requirement to spend any amount, or to buy every month, or to sell anything. The membership is FREE when you buy a starter kit.
- Simply sign up with my sponsor ID:5371692, and choose ‘WELLNESS ADVOCATE’
- Choose a starter kit and the $35 membership is FREE.
- For kit details go to: http://media.doterra.com/au-otg/en/flyers/enrolment-kits.pdf
- If you are looking for specific oils rather than a kit, you will need to select ‘Introductory Enrolment Packet’ which is a one-off membership fee of $35 and proceed to order.
- Access to our online essential oils private Facebook group where we share our everyday tips and ideas.
Option 2 – Get Your Oils for FREE and/or Build A Business
- Simply sign up with my sponsor ID: 5371692, and choose ‘WELLNESS ADVOCATE’
- Choose one of the kits as your first product and the $35 membership fee will be waived.
- Access to our online essential oils private Facebook group where we share our everyday tips and ideas as well as our private business coaching group.
- Let me know you have enrolled and I will book you in for a complimentary wellness consultation and put help you collate a holistic business blueprint for you to get started.
Want More FREE Product?
- Join the loyalty rewards program.
- You will need to spend a minimum of $100 a month on doTerra products.
- If your order is over $125 and ships before the 15th of the month, you will get the free product of the month!
- As you order each month, you will be build up discounts over time meaning that between 1-3 months you gain a 10% loyalty discount, 4-6 months a 15% discount, 7-9 months a 20% discount and so on up to 30% at 13 months. You will also receive shipping discounts as well as bonuses and commissions for sharing with your friends, family and others.
Which kit should I choose?
If you are starting out with essential oils, I recommend either the Home Essentials Kit ($330) to start with, it’s a great deal with 15 mL bottles, plus the diffuser so you can use your oils aromatically. If you are looking for something just to get started though the Essential Collection ($174) will do the trick although the bottles are smaller, 5 mL and it doesn’t come with a diffuser.
Both collections come with Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Easy Air, Ice Blue, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Oregano, DigestZen and On Guard and the Essential Collection also has a bonus Smart and Sassy oil (15 mL). If you are using the oils for energy support, immunity and stress relief, I recommend the diffuser.
If you are looking to detox or cleanse, I can help you put a kit together with the essential Lavender, Peppermint and OnGuard.
If you are looking to create your own cleaning products, again we can work together on a bespoke kit.
What is an enrollment kit?
An enrollment kit is a collection of products that dōTERRA has put together, so that you can try some of their best-selling oils without having to guess at which ones you need. Purchasing one of these kits when you enroll, already includes the $35 enrollment fee.
Do I have to sell doTerra?
No! You have the option to buy as and when you need to but the option remains to make commission and residual income by sharing the oils with others.
Do I have to place an order every month?
No! You can place one order the month you enroll and never order again, if you don’t want to. There are definitely benefits to placing an order each month, but you are not required to do that.
Is this MLM/Network Marketing?
Yes, this is a network marketing company. Network Marketing is the way of the future and whilst some product brands choose to use their marketing budgets conventionally, others pay individuals to spread the word. Here’s a great video with Network Marketing guru Eric Worre and the world’s top success coach Tony Robbins discussing the exciting future of this industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-bwFEnCOOs
From a personal perspective, I value the fact that you are working one on one with an ambassador of that company that has used and understands the product. Pushing product is not the goal. Sharing great product, stories, experience and opportunity is what’s important.
Network Marketing gives you alternatives to creating your dream lifestyle that you may struggle with in a 9-5 role. You are free to work when you want to and from anywhere in the world. Your earning ability is up to you. Regular discounts on products, encouraging a social connection with others as well as team support and coaching create a great environment to build your dreams. Most important for me though, you MUST love the products, actively use them and understand how they work so you can share with others from a place of authenticity and gratitude without the hype!